• Wrightwood Fire Safe Council May 17, 6:00 pm General meeting at the Old Fire Station Museum on Cedar, every 3rd Tuesday or on Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/97792636671?pwd=S3I2VmNaWUhjcXk0cjlDVGE4YXE4UT09
• Timberline Lions Club - Thurs. May 19, 6:00 pm. General meeting at the Wrightwood Comm. Building. Come learn what the Lions does for the community. Dinner will be served, guests welcome. RSVP (760) 249-3245
• Wrightwood Arts & Wine Festival May 21, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. This one-day, juried event will feature a wide variety of visual, culinary, literary, musical, textile, and performing arts, along with wine-tasting presented by regional wineries. Sponsors www.wrightwoodarts.com/festival/
• Poetry Slam May 21 Free to attend and open to the public, running from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. at the Wrightwood Community Building Two Hour Work shop register required: $25. Competition: $10 register online or in person. www.wrightwoodarts.com/festival/
• Pine Needles Quilt Guild, May 21, 2022 Pine Needles Quilt Guild will have a special “Sale of Quilts” at the Wine and Art Festival. Please visit their special tent to buy quilts made by our members. This is not an auction.
• Church of Music May 22, 1:00 pm Reschedule Due to a conflict of scheduling, the May gathering of The Church Of Music has been changed to May 22. The event will be held at Wrightwood Place at 1:00 PM. In June, the Church of Music returns to the 3rd Sunday of each month. Feel good and be inspired by the power of music.
• BINGO June 2 & July 6, Aug - No game Doors open 5:30 p.m. So let’s do BINGO! Bingo is happening on the First Thursday of the month, first game 6:00 @ Wrightwood Comm. Bldg., 1275 Hwy 2., Beverages, and snacks. Delicious chili, nachos, hot dogs and fresh brownies too. Buy in $20 for 10 games. WIN min. $20 with each Bingo.
• Wrightwood Houz Ah Blues June 4, Blues Society Concert 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. in Wrightwood Place, “ presents Bernie Pearl’s tribute to Howlin Wolf. Tickets:wrightwood blues.org,
• Wrightwood Veterans Memorial Day Ceremony May 30, 2020 10 a.m. Wrightwood Veteran’s Group will again host their annual Memorial Day Ceremony on Monday, May 30, featuring keynote speakers, and music, to honor those who fought and sacrificed their lives for American Freedom. The event is held at the Veterans Memorial at 1274 Evergreen Road (between Park and Pine Streets)
• Desert Gateway Summer Fest & Car show, Sat., June 4. Music, crafts, food, & beer garden, karaoke, car show. At the Casa Ortega Mexican Restaurant located at 593 CA-138, Piñon Hills 92372. Car owners & Vendors invited. Vendor booths $35 Info: http://pinonhillsthegateway.com/summerfest/
• Wrightwood Green Waste Drop Off June 3, 4 & 5 9 a.m. -3 p.m. at 1450 State Hwy 2 – SBCo Yard, Wrightwood. Pine Needles and Pine Cones are recycled but keep them separate. You must have your load of green waste covered before traveling on streets. It’s the law!
• Wrightwood’s High Tea June 25, 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Join your neighbors for a High Tea party. It involves an afternoon of fine dining with delicious treats, engaging conversation over a pot of tea, appealing to people of all ages Hosted by Wrightwood Property Owners Association. Includes: Tea, buffet of petite sandwiches & sweet treats. Featuring fashion show, harpist, and quilts. Tickets $30 Nancy Kupka - email@example.com – (818) 588-5286 Sandi Hanlon firstname.lastname@example.org (661) 917-0257
• Music in the Pines Thurs. - June 30, July 14 & July 28, Aug 11 5:00 -9:00 p.m. Live music performed by local musicians in the parking lot @ 1275 Hwy 2. Admission is free. Bring a chair. Donations are appreciated. Food Booths, so bring your appetite.
• Ice Cream Social, Music, & Dancing in the Street Sat. - July 2 10 a.m. - 10 p.m. At the Community Bldg, 1275 Hwy 2 Free Admission
• Fire on the Mountain, July 30 Gayle & Tommy Dowling with assoc.Wrightwood Blues Society will be held in the Comm. Bldg. parking lot from noon until 8:00 p.m.
• Mountaineer Days July 9 - 10 Wrightwood Chamber of Commerce is bringing Mountaineer Days to Wrightwood, taking place in the Village Streets. A whole weekend of games, contests, food, beer, and music waits for you and your family. Visit the Western Village, pan for gold, and watch a gunfight. Participate in the longest beard contest or hula hoop challenge. Toss eggs at your partner and see how far you can go before dropping them. Plus much more! On Sunday, the fun continues. You can participate in the Home Town Parade. Decorate your vehicles, bikes, wagons, or trailers. The weekend tradition must be on your calendar. Bring the family, and invite friends up to the mountains. Volunteers are needed to make this all happen. So call, email, or drop by the Chamber to sign up. Vendors welcome. For additional information, check out the Chamber’s website: www.wrightwoodchamber.org Other events Planned for 2022 Details TBA
• June 21 Summer Community Spirit Campaign • July 7, BINGO @ W. Comm. Bldg. 5:30 • July 16, 23, 30 Movies in the Pines • August 4, 5, 6 & 7 Angeles Crest 100-mile endurance run. Starts in Wrightwood - Ends in Wrightwood • August - NO BINGO @ W. Comm. Bldg. 5:30 - • August 13, 20, 27 Movies in the Pines • August 7-8 Street Musicians perform in the Village with Hat Tip music • August 13 Smokey’s Birthday Party, sponsored by the Volunteers of the Angeles National Forest, 10am to 1pm at the Big Pines Visitor Center. • August 14 Adopt a Highway trash pick up • August 20 Wrightwood Mtn. Classic Car Show • September 1 BINGO • October 1-2 Street Musicians perform in the village with Hat Tip music • Oct 1 Phelan Phun Days, Phelan Patriots Parade & Car Show on Phelan Rd. between Sheep Creek and Lebec Rd. • Oct. 2 Wrightwood Chili Cook-off • Oct 6 BINGO • Oct 9 2nd Annual OKTOBERFEST • Oct 9 Adopt a Highway trash pick up • Oct 23 Great California ShakeOut Disaster Preparedness • Oct 31 Haunted Hay Wagon in Wrightwood • Nov 1 Wrightwood Christmas Community Spirit Campaign • Nov 3 BINGO • Nov 5-6 Street Musicians perform in the village with Hat Tip music • Nov 26 Tree Lighting Ceremony on SH2, Caroling and Hot Cocoa • Nov 26 - 27 Wrightwood Mountain Holiday Celebration • Nov 26 Wrightwood Parade of Lights • Dec. 11 Adopt a Highway trash pick up • Dec 18 Village Christmas Caroling Wagon aCheck back for other events TBA 2023 2023 Events • GARDEN FAIRE May 6, Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Rain or shine the Community parking lot will have horticultural experts, gardeners tips, herbal crafts products for the gardener,and plant & garden sale, for the whole family to explore. Admission is free Hosted by Wrightwood Property Owners Association.
Community Certified Farmers Markets
EVERY FRIDAY • Wrightwood: from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Comm. Bldg, 1275 Hwy 2,Wrightwood. EBT accepted.
EVERY MONDAY • Phelan & Pinon Hills: from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Located at Phelan CSD lot at Sheep Creek & Warbler, Phelan. EBT accepted.
• Every Friday Phelan New Life Church, 4232 Phelan Rd., Phelan @ 12pm until food is gone
• 2nd Tuesday 2/9 Phelan at St. Junipero Serra, 8820 Sheep Creek Rd. 11am to 2pm
• 4th Wednesday 1/27 at Harvest Christian Center 8787 Sahara Rd.,, Phelan, 760.868.6806
CO-Op • Friday, 1/29, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Tri-Community Co-Op - Distribution of sustainably grown, local produce @ Wrightwood Comm. Bldg., 1275 Hwy 2, Wrightwood - Join by signing up at: http://tricommunitycoop.com/faq.htm
County Wide Food Assistance
• PHELAN: Every Wednesdays 1:30- 3:00 p.m. & Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. to noon Tri-Community Manna, @ Fountain of Living Waters Church, 10120 Johnson Rd., Phelan
•WRIGHTWOOD USDA food distribution 3rd Saturday 2/20/21, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. @ Catholic Church 975 Lark St.
• Monday, 9 a.m. - Noon 11783 Amethyst Rd. Victorville, CA 92392 Partner Name: The Gate Church (760) 949-8979 Partner Website: www.thegatehd.com
Looking For A Professional
Find Local Contractors and Service Professionals for Your Residential or Commercial Projects.
Click images below for larger view
How do I submit my event to the Mountaineer Progress to display on the Website and in print?