• Sept. 10 Saturday Historical Society and Museum, 40th Anniversary BBQ, Old Firehouse on Cedar @ 12pm, Old Firehouse: Visit wwwhistory.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on WHS events.
• Sept. 10 Saturday Lions Camp, Teresita Pine Open House. Bring your family and friends for a day of fun, food, and activities at Teresita Pines. Discover what our Lions Camp is all about on a guided tour of the facilities. Our open house is a FREE event and everyone is invited to join us for fun activities and great food. This event is for all ages, so please bring your children and grandchildren for a great day in the beautiful Angeles National Forest as we celebrate camp and the Lions Clubs that make it all possible. Bring a swimsuit and go for a swim in the pool, test your bravery and reach new heights on the climbing wall, and practice your aim on our archery range. Or just sit back and relax and enjoy the fresh clean mountain air. Please RSVP. Visit https://campteresitapines.org/openhouse
• Sept. 10 Saturday Customer Appreciation BBQ & Concert at Mountain Hardware, parking lot . 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Local band: Jarett James, serving hotdogs, and soda. Bring a chair
• Sept. 13, Tuesday Wrightwood Pine Needles Quilt Guild, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Venue: Wrightwood Community Bldg.
• Sept. 13, Tuesday “The Vision for Snowline Schools” presented by Wrightwood Property Owners Assoc. at the Wrightwood Comm. Bldg., 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
• Sept. 17, Saturday “One Vision Many Voices,” Benefit Dinner concert for a Better Way/VV Domestic Violence. Performance presented by Centerstage Wrightwood. Tickets centerstageww.com $20 general seating, $30 includes dinner and table seating. Reservation by 9/13. Venue: Wrightwood Place, 770 Hwy 2
• Sept. 20, Tuesday Wrightwood Property Owners Assoc. host special meeting with Snowline Superintendent Dr. Ryan Holman, Serrano High School Principal Lisa Hansen, 6:00 p.m. at the Wrightwood Comm. Building, 1275 Hwy 2
• Sept. 20, Tuesday Wrightwood Fire Safe Council, 6:00 pm - General meeting at the Old Fire Station Museum on Cedar, every 3rd Tuesday or on Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/97792636671?pwd=S3I2VmNaWUhjcXk0cjlDVGE4YXE4UT09
• Sept. 24, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Wrightwood FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY, parking lot book sale. Fill up a Jensen’s Bag for $5. Come stock up for the Winter. Hard cover soft cover, fiction cooking, fantasy, etc.
• Oct. 1, Saturday The Wrightwood Property Owner’s Association is hosting a trail beautification project to enhance the Village Trail. A minimum of 30 volunteers of all ages are needed to assist from 10 a.m. until noon on Saturday. Volunteers will meet at Hollis Stewart Park and work in teams lining the rocks along the sides of the trail, picking weeds and disposing of trash, and planting daffodils that will bloom in the Spring. Pizza will be provided to all volunteers. Register at email@example.com or 760-217-9778
• Oct. 1 Saturday Wrightwood Historical Society and Museum guest speaker. Old Firehouse on Cedar @ 9am: Visit wwhistory.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on WHS events.
• Oct. 1 Saturday Phelan Phun Day, Phelan , 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. A day full of family fun! Food Court will once again feature variety of food vendors Kids area with supper slider games, a bounce house, climbing-wall, face painting and arts & crafts, entertainment includes live music, and a talent show, hotdog eating contest and pizza eating contest. Raffle tickets for fine gift baskets, a beer garden, and much more. On Phelan Rd. between Sheep Creek and Lebec Rd. visit phelanchamber.info
• Oct. 1, Saturday Phelan Parade, Starting at 9 AM on Phelan Rd., (line up at Johnson Rd.) Entries are Judged. Enter your group, club, or business. Register at https://phelanchamber.info
• Oct. 1, Saturday “Champagne Climate Car Show,” Phelan Rd., Phelan Judged classic automobile truck specialty vehicles and more. Burnout contest and open header competition. Registration at https://phelanchamber.info/Champagne-Classic-Car-Show
• Oct. 1 Saturday Wrightwood Friends of the Library, special reading of the Wrightwood COVID Reflections: Personal Histories of the Pandemic. at the Wrightwood Community Building, at 2:30 p.m. Community is invited to this free event.
• Oct. 5, Wednesday, 11 a.m. - 1:00, Wrightwood Senior Lunch, sponsored by Wrightwood Elementary School. Venue: Community United Methodist Church, 1543 Barbara St. Come enjoy a hearty meal and good conversation. $5 per meal.
• Oct. 9, Sunday Adopt-a- Highway trash pick up along Hwy 2 Details TBA
• Oct. 15, Saturday “Wrightwood Chili Cook-off, and Salsa tasting,” at the Comm. parking-lot. Will include tasting kits, music, contest, craft beer, raffle, and prizes. Tasting starts at noon. Chamber Sponsored. Registration at web: wrightwoodchamber.org
• Oct. 15, Saturday Wrightwood Jeep Willy show. Vehicles line up on Park Dr. No registration required. Non-Judged show.
• Oct. 23, Sunday Great California ShakeOut Disaster Preparedness at Wrightwood Comm Bldg. 10AM
• Oct. 31, Monday Haunted Hay Wagon in W. Comm.Bldg.
• Nov. 1, Wrightwood Christmas Community Spirit Campaign. Decorated homes are judged. Hosted by the Wrightwood Property Owners Assoc.
• Nov. 5, Wrightwood Historical Society and Museum, Speaker Event, Old Firehouse on Cedar @ 9am. Visit wwhistory.org or email email@example.com
• Nov. 2, Wednesday, 11 a.m. - 1:00, Wrightwood Senior Lunch, sponsored by Wrightwood Elementary School. Venue: Community United Methodist Church, 1543 Barbara St. Wrightwood Come enjoy a hearty meal and good conversation. $5 per meal.
• Nov. 3, BINGO In Wrightwood Weather Permitting Doors Open 5:30 PM Wrightwood Comm. Bldg.
• Nov. 10 Wrightwood Historical Society and Museum - Speaker Event, Old Firehouse on Cedar @ 9am, Old Firehouse: Visit wwhistory.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on WHS events.
• Nov. 11. @11:00, Veterans Day ceremony. Come early and bring a seat. Honor our Veterans at the Wrightwood Veterans Memorial located on Evergreen Road between Park and Pine streets.
• Nov. 26 Wrightwood Tree Lighting on SH2, Join the fun with a kick off the 2022 Holiday Season with hot cocoa, hot apple cider and classic Christmas music
• Nov. 26 - 27 Wrightwood Mountain Holiday Celebration. 9AM to 9 PM, a fun activity the family, & Holiday shopping in town! Come visit Santa Elves. Take The Hayride. located at Corner of Park and Evergreen St.
• Nov. 27 Wrightwood Parade of Lights A festival of floats, vehicles, and golf carts decorated in colorful lights parade down Park at dusk. Hosted by the Wrightwood Chamber of Commerce.
• Wednesday, DEC. 7, 11 a.m. - 1:00, Wrightwood Senior Lunch, sponsored by Wrightwood Elementary School. Venue: Community United Methodist Church, 1543 Barbara St. Come enjoy a hearty meal and good conversation. $5 per meal.
• Dec. 10 Holiday Home Tour Returns to Wrightwood • Dec. 11 Adopt-a-Highway trash pick up • Dec. 18 Village Christmas Caroling & Wagon ride
2023 2023 Events • GARDEN FAIRE May 6, Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Rain or shine the Community parking lot will have horticultural experts, gardeners tips, herbal crafts products for the gardener,and plant & garden sale, for the whole family to explore. Admission is free Hosted by Wrightwood Property Owners Association.
Oct 31 Haunted Movies FREE Admission inside the Comm. Bldg 5:30PM, Hot Dogs, popcorn, soda, nachos.
Community Certified Farmers Markets
EVERY FRIDAY • Wrightwood: from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Comm. Bldg, 1275 Hwy 2,Wrightwood. EBT accepted.
EVERY MONDAY • Phelan & Pinon Hills: from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Located at Phelan CSD lot at Sheep Creek & Warbler, Phelan. EBT accepted.
• 2nd Tuesday Phelan at St. Junipero Serra, 8820 Sheep Creek Rd. 11am to 2pm
• 4th Wednesday at Harvest Christian Center 8787 Sahara Rd.,, Phelan, 760.868.6806
CO-Op • Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Tri-Community Co-Op - Distribution of sustainably grown, local produce @ Wrightwood Comm. Bldg., 1275 Hwy 2, Wrightwood - Join by signing up at: http://tricommunitycoop.com/faq.htm
County Wide Food Assistance
• PHELAN: Every Wednesdays 1:30- 3:00 p.m. & Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. to noon Tri-Community Manna, @ Fountain of Living Waters Church, 10120 Johnson Rd., Phelan
•WRIGHTWOOD USDA food distribution 3rd Saturday, 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. @ Catholic Church 975 Lark St.
• Monday, 9 a.m. - Noon 11783 Amethyst Rd. Victorville, CA 92392 Partner Name: The Gate Church (760) 949-8979 Partner Website: www.thegatehd.com
Looking For A Professional
Find Local Contractors and Service Professionals for Your Residential or Commercial Projects.
Click images below for larger view
How do I submit my event to the Mountaineer Progress to display on the Website and in print?